Uncovering the Top Benefits of Powder Coating Railings for Home and Business
Enjoying a gorgeous day outside on a rooftop deck, back patio, or at a sporting event is always easier when you know that your family, guests, and others around you are safe. One of the best ways to accomplish this goal is to install attractive, durable powder coated railings around your deck’s perimeter and alongside steps. In addition to optimizing safety, powder coating railings is a superb way to enhance the beauty of your property at a cost-effective price. Let’s look at the benefits of powder coating railings and how you can add powder coated railings to your property.
Who can benefit from high-quality powder coating on railings?
Railings have a seemingly endless number of applications. In addition to offering protection, railings often contribute to the decorative appearance of a property. Accordingly, powder coated railings are often sought by the following individuals who seek the ultimate combination of protection, durability, and aesthetic appeal:
- Property maintenance companies: Safety and beauty are top priorities for businesses that are dedicated to maintaining apartment complexes, condominiums, malls, parks, and other properties. From rooftop decks to balconies, the need for attractive, strategically positioned railings that complement the decor of a structure is essential. By installing powder coated railings, property managers help protect people from falls and other accidents while simultaneously adding to the property’s allure.
- Architects and designers: Architecture and design professionals are always in search of the latest decorative railing systems that blend seamlessly in with their surroundings while serving their intended purposes. Powder coating offers the creative flexibility that architects and design professionals seek as they approach projects.
Private homeowners: A growing number of homeowners are building their own decks and installing their own railings. Most are seeking an affordable, protective or decorative railing that complements their landscaping and surroundings. Choosing powder coating for deck and patio railings is attractive to homeowners who are seeking a solution that offers long-term protection and low maintenance design.
- Fencing and railing manufacturers: Outsourcing railing powder coating is a practice that is undertaken by businesses of all sizes. Outsourcing the powder coating process to an experienced industry professional is a sound option for companies that seek to meet the needs of their customers but do not possess the in-house expertise to properly powder coat a railing. Outsourcing the powder coating process ensures that the end-user is satisfied with their railing while simultaneously allowing the business owner to focus on core services, sales, and marketing.
- Universities and sports facilities: Powder coating is not reserved for the seats and bleachers within a stadium. The stadium railing industry is in a constant state of flux due to the ever-changing railing standards set forth by regulatory agencies. Maintaining full compliance with stadium guidelines while satisfying the aesthetic preferences of stakeholders requires officials to continually seek the highest quality railings for their facilities.
What are the key advantages of powder coating railings?
While a coat of paint can work wonders by transforming the dated walls of your family room, paint pales in comparison to powder coating as a protectant for outdoor railings. Railings are often exposed to humidity, rain, and a host of other outdoor elements, making them a prime candidate for the many benefits of powder coating. Below are eight advantages of installing powder coating railings:
1) No peeling or cracking
While paint may seem to be a viable short-term alternative to powder coating, it is prone to cracking, chipping, and peeling when exposed to the elements. This can decrease the attractiveness and smoothness of the railing’s surface. Powder coating railings helps keep them looking and feeling good long after the railing is treated.
2) Superior corrosion resistance
Applying paint to railings leaves them more prone to corrosion, especially once the paint begins to chip and peel. The powder coating process includes a number of pre-treatment measure that is designed to make railings ultra-resistant to rust and corrosion. Whether your facility has railings indoors or outdoors, powder coating is one of the best ways to protect them from the effects of prolonged use and the elements.
3) Better for the environment
“Since there are no solvents or VOCs there is no damage to the environment during application. The waste is also not hazardous and can be disposed of in the landfill. Wet paint contains harmful chemicals that have been proven to deplete the ozone and produces hazardous waste that needs to be disposed of in an appropriate manner.”
– Sparta Engineering
If you are like a growing number of property owners, you are more apt than ever to look for environmentally-friendly products and manufacturers. Powder coatings do not emit the same volatile organic compounds as paint. Accordingly, most engineers and manufacturing designers agree that powder coating is much safer for the environment than paint.
4) Lower maintenance
One of the top benefits of powder coating railings is their low maintenance reputation. Because powder coating is not prone to chipping, cracking, or peeling, the powder coating process does not have to be undertaken over and over again. So while a fresh coat of paint may help your deck railing look presentable for a short period of time, your railing’s beauty and finish will not stand the test of time like it would with a professional powder coating.
5) Safer for people and petsv
Paint contains chemicals and solvents that can be harmful to humans or animals if consumed. When the paint on railings begins to chip and peel, it can accumulate on the ground, making it easy for pets and small children to ingest the paint particles. Not only are powder coatings safer than paint, but they also are not likely to erode and end up on the ground surrounding your railings.
6) More cost-effective
Slapping a coat of inexpensive paint on your railings may seem like a fast, inexpensive way to improve their appearance. While the cost of a paintbrush and a can of paint may seem attractive compared to the cost of professional powder coating, consider the following points:
Since peeling and chipping is inevitable with liquid paint, you must always be ready to touch up chipped areas
If you need to remove existing paint from a railing, you will need to purchase supplies and set aside a lot of time
Powder coating only requires one application while traditional paint usually requires multiple coats
Top powder coating companies typically offer a warranty on services provided, offering peace of mind
“Powder coatings are extremely tough, particularly compared to PVDF and the liquid paints…In these cases, powder coatings have been selected in either heavy traffic areas (storefronts, hotels, etc.), or complete buildings due to the enhanced toughness compared to PVDF. Another strong advantage of powder coatings, particularly in the context of the architectural area, is the wide range of available colors, gloss variation, and special finishes, like textures that are available.”
– Paint & Coatings Industry (PCI) Magazine
As illustrated above by PCI Magazine, powder coating offers an unparalleled level of versatility to designers and architects seeking an attractive railing solution for high-traffic areas. Developers and design professionals can choose from a wide array of bold colors and finishes, which can transform an ordinary railing into an eye-catching property fixture.
8) Smooth to the touch
The smooth finish on a powder coated railing often takes a back seat to powder coating’s durable, environmentally-friendly nature. However, this advantage should not be ignored. Railings are designed and installed to be touched by the human hand. The silky, flawless finish produced through the powder coating process is too impressive to ignore, especially when compared to a railing with chipping paint.
Finding a Trusted Provider with Expertise in Powder Coating Railings
As outlined above, powder coating has the ability to transform a standard railing into a smooth, beautiful, low-maintenance addition to any deck or outdoor area. However, not all powder coating companies offer the same level of expertise and quality of service. The key to your satisfaction with powder coated railings lies in your ability to find a trusted powder coating provider in the tri-state area.
The professionals with TLC Metal Restoration have over a decade of experience powder coating railings. Conveniently located on the north shore of Long Island, TLC Metal Restoration has the tools, resources, and expertise to ensure that your railing is properly powder coated. Here are just a few of the many benefits you will enjoy as a TLC customer:
- Craftsmen and technicians with over 75 combined years of experience
- A decade-long track record of success powder coating railings
- Personalized service that can only be found in a family-owned business
- A gorgeous collection of before and after photos
- A beautiful, well-maintained facility that possesses the latest cutting-edge powder coating equipment
To learn more about the many reasons why property owners in New York turn to TLC Metal Restoration if they are seeking the premier powder coating railings, contact one of TLC’s powder coating experts. Even better, drop by our Long Island location to see our powder coating process in action. We look forward to becoming your trusted solution for all of your powder coating needs!